Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Summer Holiday



Last week my wee family headed off for a Summer Holiday. We went to one of my husband's favourite spots - Lake Taupo. Its a beautiful spot, and my husband had managed to get us awesome accommodation, in a gorgeous apartment directly across from the Lake.

Craters of the Moon.
At the Huka Falls
Watching the Dam opening.
Our holiday consisted of walking to the Lake, paddling in the Lake, swimming in the Lake (not me, I don't swim), and swimming in the indoor pool at our accommodation when it was a bit windy at the Lake. We also did a few touristy things, which the kids loved.


It was a bit overcast this day, but that didn't stop them!
After that we headed to my home town to catch up with my Mum for the weekend, which was really lovely, the kids always have a ball there. (And are desperately sad to leave afterwards)
The kids with their Nanny, and Great Grandma!

It was a lovely holiday, and it seemed we timed it right, the weather was stunning! We are back to the real world now with the hubby back at work and gearing up for school and kindy to start back soon. But first, one more public holiday here (Wellington Anniversary Day)!

If you were interested in joining my Mystery Sock Knit A Long, the pattern page is now live for you to create a project and get ready for the first clue on 1 Feb!  I'd love for you to join us!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely Summer holiday.

    The MKAL sounds fun. I've downloaded the pattern but not sure if I'll be ready to start on 1st feb. Must knit faster!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful holiday! It was very nice to see some summer pictures. I love the picture of your kids with their nanny and great grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Service providers generally prefer that their Business Phone Service route on their own networks. Some service providers do not have a network presence in all places where Toll Free calls can originate. http://www.telcan.net/BusinessPhone/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments on my blog!