Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My WIPs

I have a few works in progress at the moment, both of the knitting and reading variety.

First up are some dish clothes - I started these on our trip last week (I'll blog about that later), each one takes me about an hour, so I've just been doing them as I feel like it. I should be able to get 4 more out of the ball of cotton, its super soft and really thick, I think its probably close to bulky weight. Its the Grandmother's favourite pattern and I'm using Skeinz Egyptian Cotton.

Next up is my sparkly Zita, sadly the sparkles aren't really showing in this photo but it is SO sparkly, incredibly so. I'm really not loving the yarn to be honest, its 91% cotton, but its not a soft cotton (unlike the one above!) I'm really hoping it will soften with washing, otherwise I may not get  my girl into this one very often, no matter the colour and sparkles!

My project tonight though is to finish up my Peacock Eyes Cardigan, I finished the knitting on our trip, and its blocked, so now I just have to sew in ends and sew on.... 13 buttons. argh. It will be worth it though, I tried it on today and I'm happy with how its looking!

I also did quite a bit of reading while we were away, first up I finished the Luminaries, - 2013's Booker Prize winner, and a NZ book. I really enjoyed it, although its really slow in the beginning as it introduces so many characters.
I've also been reading the Stephanie Plum series, by Janet Evanovich and am now up to #7, they are light reads, and enjoyable too!

What have you got on your needles?

9 comments:

  1. I don't like to knit cotton either. It's quite hard to knit and to get the tension right. Nice cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colour will sell it to her, and it probably will wash well and soften up. It's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the most beautiful knits! Maybe a cotton shirt under the sweater would help if it is itchy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. as usual your projects are always so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm right now I am working on some super tedious Cookie A. socks....talk about painful lol.
    I love that top, I am so sorry it's not softer. I do hope it softens up. I'd hate to see your daughter denied pink sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of cotton either, but that Zita is GORGEOUS! I may have to steal my niece and knit it for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects :). So many knitters seem to hate knitting with cotton, I don't really notice a difference myself. Hope your Zita softens on washing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire you for knitting with cotton. As much as I enjoy wearing cotton items and using cotton dish cloths, I can't knit with it. My hands end up aching for days.

    I haven't ever read any of the Stephanie Plum series. I need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to add word verification back to my blog, TOO many spammers driving me crazy! Sorry.


I try to reply to all comments - you will need to have your email address linked to your profile :D