Monday, January 13, 2014

Pattern Release - Shinobi and Momoka

You may remember a post I made 6 months ago in which I showed you 2 of my new designs, that weren't yet available. That was probably a bit mean of me really!

However now they ARE available - so I'm going to show them to you again, this time you actually can get hold of them, if you so wish.

Shinobi is a boys vest pattern, inspired by Japanese Ninjas. Because what boy doesn't like to pretend he IS a ninja every now and again.

This pattern is knit from the bottom up and is incredibly simple. I suggest these cool closures, but buttons are also possible if you prefer.(or toggles, or frogs, or loops... endless possibilities!)


Momoka is a pretty cropped wrap cardigan, perfect to wear with almost anything! There are 3 sleeve options, kimono, short and long(straight) and this really does make a great ballet cardigan if you have a wee dancer as well. An applied i-cord edging means that once you are finished, there are no stitches to be picked up, its done! A button hole allows the i-cord tie to poke through the cardigan and helps it to tie nicely and sit flat.

Both of these are designed to be knit with a DK weight (8ply) yarn and really are very economical on the yardage.

Both patterns are discounted until 10pm on the 15th of January (NZT) so now is a great time to add them to your library.

I am hosting a Knit a Long over in my Ravelry group for these 2 pattern until the end of February - and the lovely Hannah of Red Riding Hood yarns is offering 2 prizes of her delicious yarn shown above!
Which one would you choose? And will you join me?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable patterns. My son would have loved the vest in every color when he was young. The Momoka is divine ! You've chosen very nice names for the patterns also !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great!! And your children are adorable. If only my littles weren't so big! They'd have loved wearing these. The vest could really work for a girl, too.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to add word verification back to my blog, TOO many spammers driving me crazy! Sorry.


I try to reply to all comments - you will need to have your email address linked to your profile :D